Red Dog Music Group

Red Dog Music Group

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Product or Service?

Music is a product, right?

Wrong.

Music is now a service. The song, sold by way of ANY store, doesn't really matter. It's what happens once you buy it that matters.

I'm listening to You Give Love A Bad Name (Bon Jovi) as I write this. I never bought this song, but I have listened to it 15 times writing this blog because it performs a service; it fires me up.

We HAVE to stop thinking of music as a product. Let's find new ways to make music a service. How do we give listeners the emotions they want quicker, easier, and more effectively? And how do we get them to pick OUR emotional catalyst over the others?

That's the new direction. I'll race ya.

Servant Leadership. Permission Marketing. Create a Vacuum.
Psalm 62:1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment